Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ice Cream at Camp

I went to a camp through SMD two summers ago. The staff person who was heading up the programme likes to joke around with me. We did a scavenger hunt. As I was hunting for the clue, this particular staff member was walking right beside me saying, "You are way behind, way behind. Hurry!" He offered me a clue but the payback was we were having sundaes that night but our whole team would be fed our sundaes from behind, with both of us blindfolded. They decided that they would only make me do it! While this staff person was laughing his fool head off at me, I could barely swallow for the laughing I was doing. I was so naive! But boy it turned out that I had a great time and to this very day I still laugh my head off about it. And the funniest part was that the prize was a mini-flag. So I went through all that for an Icelandic flag. To this day I still laugh when it comes up. I had ice cream from my hair to my toes, minus where the garbage bag poncho was. The staff member said that the incident was the highlight of his career that far! Last summer I was looking behind my back whenever he was there in my sight, or not. But I was very happy and laughed. It was messy but boy was it worth it!

3 comments:

From the Sackside said...

You deserved every ounce of that ice cream mess. You forgot to mention you were standing less than a foot away from a clue before heading the wrong direction and falling far behind.

You don't want to even imagine what I have in store for you this year.

Missy Joe said...

That sounds like a funny story there Dorian. Watch out for Derek this summer, sounds like he has something else planned for you this summer at camp.

mommy besieged said...

Hi Dorian,
Thanks so much for coming out to the blogging group. It was a pleasure to be with you, as always, and an honour to assist you in getting your voice out there. Do keep blogging, even if it's just once in a while. Your voice is important! Hope to see you at the art show. And let's get together to plot our world takeover soon.
Tammy